The company Pallarès, founded in 1917, is today the only testimony to Solsona’s renowned knife-making industry.
The company Pallarès was formed at the hand of brothers Lluís and Carles Pallarès Canal (Lluís’s uncle was already knife maker), soon to be characterized by the good temper and good sharpness of its knives, which they sold throughout the Solsonés region and in the provinces of Barcelona and Girona.
In the 1960s, the company was run by brothers Jesús and Juli Pallarès Moncunill, Lluís’s children. This saw the start the company’s modernization and expansion of its market to the rest of Catalonia and throughout Spain. By mid 1980s, only 2 knife-making workshops remained and at the beginning of 1990s just one, Cuchillería Pallarès is still in business. At the beginning of this century, the third generation took over the running of the company. Modernization and adaptation to new technologies continued and the market expanded into France, Switzerland, Germany and various South American countries.